...and endless possibilities. As I gear up for my first ever trip to India, it's unseasonably cool here in Boston, school is winding down, and time in some ways feels out of joint. I can't quite settle into summer (maybe because school isn't technically over?); I keep thinking there's something I should be doing, and waking early with that tied up feeling in my stomach.
And yesterday the great Indian classical musician Ali Akbar Kahn passed away. His meditative ragas and sarod-song saw me through the stormy, unsteady time of adolescence. I hadn't realized how much he'd contributed to music education until I read about him yesterday, how he'd opened up the practice of Indian music to so many students, how much he himself had practiced. I'll take his music with me when I go, a reminder of those first inklings of a world beyond what was familiar and known.
I'll post photos, reflections, observations, frustrations, etc to this site and will update it (i hope, i hope) regularly. So, watch this space.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment